A new year is approaching swiftly, so bid adieu to the past and embrace the new year. Every new year provides a possibility for a fresh start. With every new year most of the people have started to make their list of new year’s resolutions to lose weight, inculcate healthy eating habits, acquire holistic lifestyle etc. right or not?
It is in vogue to set new year’s resolutions and break them within a few months.
Don’t give up on your resolutions so easily. People who set goals, generally are more likely to achieve them than the ones who didn’t set any resolution.
Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible to visibleTony Robbins
Do you ever think about why your resolutions break within a few weeks or days?
When you set high and unrealistic goals to achieve, it is more probable that you give up on them shortly.
What to do to be successful in your resolutions
In order to be successful in your resolutions you have to take a more realistic approach, understand and realize your boundaries and challenges.
5 Tips to meet your new year’s resolutions –
- Start with small changes- Begin with small changes, as these tiny steps will make a huge impact on your life. It’s a general conception that if you want to achieve big results, you have to bring drastic changes in your lifestyle. Actually it’s not true, you can make a great difference in your overall well-being by small lifestyle changes. As these small changes are more easy and sustainable to achieve and maintain in the long run. For instance, instead of eliminating sugar completely from your diet, try to add more fruits and vegetables in your diet and slowly reduce the intake of sugar.
- Be patient- If you didn’t get desired results, in spite of your efforts, don’t get disheartened and leave the resolution. Be patient with your efforts, as it will lead you to achieve your goals. Long term goals cannot be achieved in a short amount of time. If you make any changes in your habits, try to adhere to it patiently, you will find big results in the long run.
- Change one small habit at a time- Keep one thing remember that nothing can be changed overnight. For example, instead of going on a strict diet all of the sudden, try to control the portion of your food intake. This will prove more sustainable in achieving your weight loss goals.
- Stay motivated- Self motivation is key to achieve success in your goals, hence keep yourself motivated towards achieving your resolutions. Don’t forget to give yourself rewards when you achieve success. Give priority to your physical as well as mental health.
- Connect with like minded people- It is better you join people who are working on similar goals like you. This will help you to be regular and motivated to achieve your goals. Join some group or forum where already experts can help you to achieve you resolutions and goals, as the motivation behind the formation of groups are same. Also, regularly meeting with new people will keep you motivated.
Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day outRobert Collier
So in this way hit the reset button on your health and overall well-being by trying to make small changes in your routine and attempt to adhere to them and gradually make these healthy changes your habit. It is beneficial to have a proper amount of healthy diet that provides your body all the essential nutrients without increasing calories.
This new year become a healthier version of yourself. Goodluck, and have a happy, healthy and prosperous new year.